Monday, March 26, 2012

Reporting services requirements!

Hi All,
I know RS supports Oracle and other DBMS.
I am wondering if i am using other DBMS beside SQL server 2000 for my application and i want to use RS as the reporting tools, does it mean that i still need to install SQL server 2000 in order to use RS. I want to use RS for my reporting tools but some of my clients are not using SQL server 2000.
Thanks,
HenryPlease refer to
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/productinfo/sysreqs.asp for system
requirements for client and server components. VS.NET is required for
installing the report designer (client.) SQL Server 2000 is required to
install report server (since report server database is created in a SQL
Server). However, you may create datasources and run reports against Oracle
and other DBMS products (if there is a data provider available for the
target RDBMS). Check
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSMAIN/htm/rsc_architecture_v1_8msz.asp
for details.
Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"HW" <HW@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8AFC1574-C575-4594-B4A3-8DDD41F4DF7C@.microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I know RS supports Oracle and other DBMS.
> I am wondering if i am using other DBMS beside SQL server 2000 for my
application and i want to use RS as the reporting tools, does it mean that i
still need to install SQL server 2000 in order to use RS. I want to use RS
for my reporting tools but some of my clients are not using SQL server 2000.
> Thanks,
> Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment