Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services Setup Issue

Hi All,

I am running setup.exe (RS 2000 Enterprise), and ra issue during the following step -

"specify credentials that are used at run time by ReportServer service to connect ot SQL Server Instance..."

My local SQL Server is running under "Local System" account, and I have SQL Server 2000 SP4 installed on Windows Server 2003.

Any help to resolve this setup issue is much appreciated!

-Lawrence

you trying setup RS 2000 Developer

because you using Server Operation System

end which page erroring

|||You need to provide credentials that Report Server services will use in order to access the catalog at run-time. You can choose to have the services impersonate their associated accounts, or you can specify separate Windows or SQL credentials. If you specify separate credentials, these credentials will be stored (encrypted) on the server config file.|||

I specified Windows & SQL credentials, but they both failed with the error message I mentioned. I am able to login to SQL Server with those account, so I am not sure why RS installation is rejecting them. Any ideas why?

-Lawrence

|||

Hello All,

I'm still encountering errors during install of RS 2000 on Windows Server 2003. Error message is in regards to operating system not match up with RS 2000 requirement. I thought RS 2000 can be installed on Windows Server 2003, but MS could be wrong. Let me know if any of you have a workaround.

Thanks,

-Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment