Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services setup problem

Hi all,
I've downloaded the SQL Reporting Services eval and am trying to get
it installed but have run into the following problem:
When I get to the step for connecting to the SQL Server instance on
which the ReportServer database will reside I try and connect via SQL
Server account (sa actually). When I supply the sa, password, and
named instance of SQL Server 2000 it gives me the following error
"Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection." I've seen this when trying to connect through
QA via a Domain User Account but not with a SQL Server login.
Has anybody else had any problems similiar to this with Reporting
Services?
My environment...
Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760
on Windows 2003 Server
Connecting to a named instance via TCP/IP
I can successfully connect to QA using the sa account but can't
complete the Reporting services install.
Thanks> When I get to the step for connecting to the SQL Server instance on
> which the ReportServer database will reside I try and connect via SQL
> Server account (sa actually). When I supply the sa, password, and
> named instance of SQL Server 2000 it gives me the following error
> "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
> SQL Server connection." I've seen this when trying to connect through
> QA via a Domain User Account but not with a SQL Server login.
> Has anybody else had any problems similiar to this with Reporting
> Services?
This happen when SQL machine and Reporting service machine aren't on a
single domain or on a couple of trusted domain.
Try to put the same password on local administrator user on both
machine. When the setup is completed succesfully, you can change the
passwords to a different couple again...
HTH
N|||Hi there
If its a domain member server, connect as the domain administrator,
for some reason RS uses your builtin/administrator account to verify
the account BEFORE it uses the details you typed in (why? because if
it doesnt fine the user it will prompt you re its creation if you
choose to do so).
In my case, I was logged in locally to the member as administrator,
then got the trusted connection error. I can connect fine via my SQL
user, but RS simply ignored whatever i typed and didnt attempt to use
this in its first set of checks.
With the domain admin account, my SQL authentication to my
ReportServer repository then worked a treat on install.
Cheers
Ck

No comments:

Post a Comment