Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services site asks for credentials

Here's a summary of my problem before I get into the details:
the reporting services site that runs reports is asking for credentials,
which I give, but then brings me to a page that says "You are not authorized
to view this page." When I browse to the admin page for reporting services,
it gives me this info:
Server Error in '/ReportAdmin' Application
----
Attempted to load a 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use
ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if trying to load for reflection purposes.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about
the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Attempted to load a
64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if
trying to load for reflection purposes.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web
request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can
be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Here's the details:
Reporting Services is running on the same server as SQL is, which has
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit. We're running SQL2005 Enterprise
Edition 64 bit on this server. There were no problems when IIS was running
on 64 bit, however, I had to change to allow 32 bit because of a legacy site
that we have running on the server that needs to run ASP.NET v1.1.
So I installed the .net framework 1.1, installed front page server
extensions for 64 bit, enabled 32 bit on 64 using adsutil, and then I ran
aspnet_regiis -s from the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxx. I
then changed the legacy site to run v1.1.4322, but even still the reporting
services sites are not working. One other site that runs under v2.0 is
working.
I'm guessing that this has something to do with security that has to be
setup to allow credentials to be passed to the DC from this server, but I'm
not sure where to start looking. Thanks for any help/suggestions.Did you ever have it working?
Check out the two reporting services websites and make sure both are using
the 2.0 framework.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"nosurfdj" <nosurfdj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:95ED2E52-C7A6-4C5B-ABF6-977B80875898@.microsoft.com...
> Here's a summary of my problem before I get into the details:
> the reporting services site that runs reports is asking for credentials,
> which I give, but then brings me to a page that says "You are not
> authorized
> to view this page." When I browse to the admin page for reporting
> services,
> it gives me this info:
> Server Error in '/ReportAdmin' Application.
> ----
> Attempted to load a 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use
> ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if trying to load for reflection purposes.
> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
> current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
> about
> the error and where it originated in the code.
> Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Attempted to load a
> 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if
> trying to load for reflection purposes.
> Source Error:
> An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
> web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> can
> be identified using the exception stack trace below.
> Here's the details:
> Reporting Services is running on the same server as SQL is, which has
> Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit. We're running SQL2005 Enterprise
> Edition 64 bit on this server. There were no problems when IIS was
> running
> on 64 bit, however, I had to change to allow 32 bit because of a legacy
> site
> that we have running on the server that needs to run ASP.NET v1.1.
> So I installed the .net framework 1.1, installed front page server
> extensions for 64 bit, enabled 32 bit on 64 using adsutil, and then I ran
> aspnet_regiis -s from the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxx. I
> then changed the legacy site to run v1.1.4322, but even still the
> reporting
> services sites are not working. One other site that runs under v2.0 is
> working.
> I'm guessing that this has something to do with security that has to be
> setup to allow credentials to be passed to the DC from this server, but
> I'm
> not sure where to start looking. Thanks for any help/suggestions.|||They were working when the 64 bit version of ASP.NET v2.0 was running. It
was when I enabled 32 bit on 64 bit for IIS that it gave me the error
messages.
When I run aspnet_regiis -lk, I get this for the reporting services websites:
W3SVC/1/ROOT/ReportAdmin/ 2.0.50727.1433
W3SVC/1/ROOT/Reports/ 2.0.50727.1433
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> Did you ever have it working?
> Check out the two reporting services websites and make sure both are using
> the 2.0 framework.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "nosurfdj" <nosurfdj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:95ED2E52-C7A6-4C5B-ABF6-977B80875898@.microsoft.com...
> > Here's a summary of my problem before I get into the details:
> > the reporting services site that runs reports is asking for credentials,
> > which I give, but then brings me to a page that says "You are not
> > authorized
> > to view this page." When I browse to the admin page for reporting
> > services,
> > it gives me this info:
> >
> > Server Error in '/ReportAdmin' Application.
> > ----
> > Attempted to load a 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use
> > ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if trying to load for reflection purposes.
> > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
> > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
> > about
> > the error and where it originated in the code.
> >
> > Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Attempted to load a
> > 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if
> > trying to load for reflection purposes.
> >
> > Source Error:
> > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
> > web
> > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> > can
> > be identified using the exception stack trace below.
> >
> > Here's the details:
> > Reporting Services is running on the same server as SQL is, which has
> > Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit. We're running SQL2005 Enterprise
> > Edition 64 bit on this server. There were no problems when IIS was
> > running
> > on 64 bit, however, I had to change to allow 32 bit because of a legacy
> > site
> > that we have running on the server that needs to run ASP.NET v1.1.
> > So I installed the .net framework 1.1, installed front page server
> > extensions for 64 bit, enabled 32 bit on 64 using adsutil, and then I ran
> > aspnet_regiis -s from the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxx. I
> > then changed the legacy site to run v1.1.4322, but even still the
> > reporting
> > services sites are not working. One other site that runs under v2.0 is
> > working.
> >
> > I'm guessing that this has something to do with security that has to be
> > setup to allow credentials to be passed to the DC from this server, but
> > I'm
> > not sure where to start looking. Thanks for any help/suggestions.
>
>|||I know you can have both 1.1 and 2.0 framework running at the same time.
However, what is happening now is all of IIS is running in 32 bit mode and
yet you are trying to run 64 bit RS (RS is just an asp.net application). My
guess is that you have to uninstall RS and then install it as a 32 bit
program.
In RS 2008 it will no longer be dependent on IIS so this sort of issue will
go away.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"nosurfdj" <nosurfdj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A9472B8E-20D5-4808-A196-71B94A7A784C@.microsoft.com...
> They were working when the 64 bit version of ASP.NET v2.0 was running. It
> was when I enabled 32 bit on 64 bit for IIS that it gave me the error
> messages.
> When I run aspnet_regiis -lk, I get this for the reporting services
> websites:
> W3SVC/1/ROOT/ReportAdmin/ 2.0.50727.1433
> W3SVC/1/ROOT/Reports/ 2.0.50727.1433
>
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> Did you ever have it working?
>> Check out the two reporting services websites and make sure both are
>> using
>> the 2.0 framework.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> "nosurfdj" <nosurfdj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:95ED2E52-C7A6-4C5B-ABF6-977B80875898@.microsoft.com...
>> > Here's a summary of my problem before I get into the details:
>> > the reporting services site that runs reports is asking for
>> > credentials,
>> > which I give, but then brings me to a page that says "You are not
>> > authorized
>> > to view this page." When I browse to the admin page for reporting
>> > services,
>> > it gives me this info:
>> >
>> > Server Error in '/ReportAdmin' Application.
>> > ----
>> > Attempted to load a 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use
>> > ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if trying to load for reflection purposes.
>> > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
>> > the
>> > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
>> > about
>> > the error and where it originated in the code.
>> >
>> > Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Attempted to load a
>> > 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead
>> > if
>> > trying to load for reflection purposes.
>> >
>> > Source Error:
>> > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
>> > current
>> > web
>> > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
>> > can
>> > be identified using the exception stack trace below.
>> >
>> > Here's the details:
>> > Reporting Services is running on the same server as SQL is, which has
>> > Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit. We're running SQL2005
>> > Enterprise
>> > Edition 64 bit on this server. There were no problems when IIS was
>> > running
>> > on 64 bit, however, I had to change to allow 32 bit because of a legacy
>> > site
>> > that we have running on the server that needs to run ASP.NET v1.1.
>> > So I installed the .net framework 1.1, installed front page server
>> > extensions for 64 bit, enabled 32 bit on 64 using adsutil, and then I
>> > ran
>> > aspnet_regiis -s from the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxx.
>> > I
>> > then changed the legacy site to run v1.1.4322, but even still the
>> > reporting
>> > services sites are not working. One other site that runs under v2.0 is
>> > working.
>> >
>> > I'm guessing that this has something to do with security that has to be
>> > setup to allow credentials to be passed to the DC from this server, but
>> > I'm
>> > not sure where to start looking. Thanks for any help/suggestions.
>>|||Well that's too bad. Oh well-I'll reinstall RS then.
Thanks for your help.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> I know you can have both 1.1 and 2.0 framework running at the same time.
> However, what is happening now is all of IIS is running in 32 bit mode and
> yet you are trying to run 64 bit RS (RS is just an asp.net application). My
> guess is that you have to uninstall RS and then install it as a 32 bit
> program.
> In RS 2008 it will no longer be dependent on IIS so this sort of issue will
> go away.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "nosurfdj" <nosurfdj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A9472B8E-20D5-4808-A196-71B94A7A784C@.microsoft.com...
> > They were working when the 64 bit version of ASP.NET v2.0 was running. It
> > was when I enabled 32 bit on 64 bit for IIS that it gave me the error
> > messages.
> >
> > When I run aspnet_regiis -lk, I get this for the reporting services
> > websites:
> >
> > W3SVC/1/ROOT/ReportAdmin/ 2.0.50727.1433
> > W3SVC/1/ROOT/Reports/ 2.0.50727.1433
> >
> >
> >
> > "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you ever have it working?
> >>
> >> Check out the two reporting services websites and make sure both are
> >> using
> >> the 2.0 framework.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> >> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >>
> >> "nosurfdj" <nosurfdj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:95ED2E52-C7A6-4C5B-ABF6-977B80875898@.microsoft.com...
> >> > Here's a summary of my problem before I get into the details:
> >> > the reporting services site that runs reports is asking for
> >> > credentials,
> >> > which I give, but then brings me to a page that says "You are not
> >> > authorized
> >> > to view this page." When I browse to the admin page for reporting
> >> > services,
> >> > it gives me this info:
> >> >
> >> > Server Error in '/ReportAdmin' Application.
> >> > ----
> >> > Attempted to load a 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use
> >> > ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead if trying to load for reflection purposes.
> >> > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
> >> > the
> >> > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
> >> > about
> >> > the error and where it originated in the code.
> >> >
> >> > Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Attempted to load a
> >> > 64-bit assembly on a 32-bit platform. Use ReflectionOnlyLoad() instead
> >> > if
> >> > trying to load for reflection purposes.
> >> >
> >> > Source Error:
> >> > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
> >> > current
> >> > web
> >> > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> >> > can
> >> > be identified using the exception stack trace below.
> >> >
> >> > Here's the details:
> >> > Reporting Services is running on the same server as SQL is, which has
> >> > Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit. We're running SQL2005
> >> > Enterprise
> >> > Edition 64 bit on this server. There were no problems when IIS was
> >> > running
> >> > on 64 bit, however, I had to change to allow 32 bit because of a legacy
> >> > site
> >> > that we have running on the server that needs to run ASP.NET v1.1.
> >> > So I installed the .net framework 1.1, installed front page server
> >> > extensions for 64 bit, enabled 32 bit on 64 using adsutil, and then I
> >> > ran
> >> > aspnet_regiis -s from the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxx.
> >> > I
> >> > then changed the legacy site to run v1.1.4322, but even still the
> >> > reporting
> >> > services sites are not working. One other site that runs under v2.0 is
> >> > working.
> >> >
> >> > I'm guessing that this has something to do with security that has to be
> >> > setup to allow credentials to be passed to the DC from this server, but
> >> > I'm
> >> > not sure where to start looking. Thanks for any help/suggestions.
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment