Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services using NTLM Authentication

I need to have MSSRS send emails to external email addresses. Our Exchange
Server requires email to be authenticated. I am using SMTPAuthenticate value
of 2. My MSSRS server is in a different domain than my Exchange Mail server.
Currently I am testing before deployment into the field and my setup is
mirroring what the corporate desired setup is.
I receive the following error when I attempt to send a report to an external
email:
Failure sending mail: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The
transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available
When I sniff the traffic during the report serving, my local Admin login
account is being authenticated by the Exchange Server in the mailer domain.
What type of setup or config changes can be made for the proper hand shake to
work? I must send authenticated email externally to our customers, but the
MSSRS Server and Exchange Servers will be in different domains.
Thanks,
RobertGood morning!
Did you ever find the solution to your question below? If so, what did you
do to resolve it?
Thank you.
"gilliatt via SQLMonster.com" wrote:
> I need to have MSSRS send emails to external email addresses. Our Exchange
> Server requires email to be authenticated. I am using SMTPAuthenticate value
> of 2. My MSSRS server is in a different domain than my Exchange Mail server.
> Currently I am testing before deployment into the field and my setup is
> mirroring what the corporate desired setup is.
> I receive the following error when I attempt to send a report to an external
> email:
> Failure sending mail: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The
> transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available
> When I sniff the traffic during the report serving, my local Admin login
> account is being authenticated by the Exchange Server in the mailer domain.
> What type of setup or config changes can be made for the proper hand shake to
> work? I must send authenticated email externally to our customers, but the
> MSSRS Server and Exchange Servers will be in different domains.
> Thanks,
> Robert
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment