Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services Setup

I tried searching online and from MS's site so I apologize in advance if
this is glaringly answered somewhere and my google-fu wasn't up to the task.
An administrator installed SQL2005(and sp2) on a new Win2K3SP2 server but
the server itself didn't have IIS installed or the asp.net component when
SQL was originally installed.
The vendor installing the database application asked if reporting services
was installed and the boss sent it to me.
I installed IIS and ASP.net and did a 'change' for the install of SQL2005. I
installed the Business Intelligence components as well as the samples but
I'm not seeing where or how to install Reporting Services. I have the
reporting services configuration tool in my shortcuts but when I attempt to
open it with the current server (which has SQL2005 installed on it) it says:
No report servers were found on the specified machine.
Details: Invalid Namespace.
There have been no virtual directories added to the website/iis.
Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to install
Reporting Services if SQL 2005 is already installed?
Thank you,
Les BowmanOn Aug 29, 11:26 am, "Les" <l...@.domain.com> wrote:
> I tried searching online and from MS's site so I apologize in advance if
> this is glaringly answered somewhere and my google-fu wasn't up to the task.
> An administrator installed SQL2005(and sp2) on a new Win2K3SP2 server but
> the server itself didn't have IIS installed or the asp.net component when
> SQL was originally installed.
> The vendor installing the database application asked if reporting services
> was installed and the boss sent it to me.
> I installed IIS and ASP.net and did a 'change' for the install of SQL2005. I
> installed the Business Intelligence components as well as the samples but
> I'm not seeing where or how to install Reporting Services. I have the
> reporting services configuration tool in my shortcuts but when I attempt to
> open it with the current server (which has SQL2005 installed on it) it says:
> No report servers were found on the specified machine.
> Details: Invalid Namespace.
> There have been no virtual directories added to the website/iis.
> Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to install
> Reporting Services if SQL 2005 is already installed?
> Thank you,
> Les Bowman
This link should be helpful.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143736.aspx
Also, make sure that IIS is running when you try to install SSRS/
Reporting Services
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thank you Enrique. That did help.
This morning I finally saw the little blue link at the top of the 'Microsoft
SQL Server 2005 Maintenance' Window that says "To install a new component,
click here".
What a head-ache.
Thanks again Enrique.
"EMartinez" <emartinez.pr1@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1188435848.979941.271000@.g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> On Aug 29, 11:26 am, "Les" <l...@.domain.com> wrote:
>> I tried searching online and from MS's site so I apologize in advance if
>> this is glaringly answered somewhere and my google-fu wasn't up to the
>> task.
>> An administrator installed SQL2005(and sp2) on a new Win2K3SP2 server but
>> the server itself didn't have IIS installed or the asp.net component when
>> SQL was originally installed.
>> The vendor installing the database application asked if reporting
>> services
>> was installed and the boss sent it to me.
>> I installed IIS and ASP.net and did a 'change' for the install of
>> SQL2005. I
>> installed the Business Intelligence components as well as the samples but
>> I'm not seeing where or how to install Reporting Services. I have the
>> reporting services configuration tool in my shortcuts but when I attempt
>> to
>> open it with the current server (which has SQL2005 installed on it) it
>> says:
>> No report servers were found on the specified machine.
>> Details: Invalid Namespace.
>> There have been no virtual directories added to the website/iis.
>> Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to install
>> Reporting Services if SQL 2005 is already installed?
>> Thank you,
>> Les Bowman
>
> This link should be helpful.
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143736.aspx
> Also, make sure that IIS is running when you try to install SSRS/
> Reporting Services
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Aug 31, 1:51 pm, "Les" <l...@.domain.com> wrote:
> Thank you Enrique. That did help.
> This morning I finally saw the little blue link at the top of the 'Microsoft
> SQL Server 2005 Maintenance' Window that says "To install a new component,
> click here".
> What a head-ache.
> Thanks again Enrique.
> "EMartinez" <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1188435848.979941.271000@.g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> > On Aug 29, 11:26 am, "Les" <l...@.domain.com> wrote:
> >> I tried searching online and from MS's site so I apologize in advance if
> >> this is glaringly answered somewhere and my google-fu wasn't up to the
> >> task.
> >> An administrator installed SQL2005(and sp2) on a new Win2K3SP2 server but
> >> the server itself didn't have IIS installed or the asp.net component when
> >> SQL was originally installed.
> >> The vendor installing the database application asked if reporting
> >> services
> >> was installed and the boss sent it to me.
> >> I installed IIS and ASP.net and did a 'change' for the install of
> >> SQL2005. I
> >> installed the Business Intelligence components as well as the samples but
> >> I'm not seeing where or how to install Reporting Services. I have the
> >> reporting services configuration tool in my shortcuts but when I attempt
> >> to
> >> open it with the current server (which has SQL2005 installed on it) it
> >> says:
> >> No report servers were found on the specified machine.
> >> Details: Invalid Namespace.
> >> There have been no virtual directories added to the website/iis.
> >> Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to install
> >> Reporting Services if SQL 2005 is already installed?
> >> Thank you,
> >> Les Bowman
> > This link should be helpful.
> >http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143736.aspx
> > Also, make sure that IIS is running when you try to install SSRS/
> > Reporting Services
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment