Friday, March 30, 2012

reporting services valid values query based

I have a parameter that is query based. I have created my own UI to list out
the text boxes per parameter required by the report. Now comes the problem of
a query based parameter. How to I get the queary based valid values to
populate my drop down list boxEddie,
If I understand your correctly I may have some ideas that will help you with
query based Parameters, but first please clarify the reason you built a UI
for users to pass parameters into the report?
thx.
"Eddie" wrote:
> I have a parameter that is query based. I have created my own UI to list out
> the text boxes per parameter required by the report. Now comes the problem of
> a query based parameter. How to I get the queary based valid values to
> populate my drop down list box|||I have several clients that use browsers which the report viewer doesn't
behave well.
I did figure it out. The valid values come back as array when you call the
GetReportParameter method and set the "ForRendering" to TRUE.
So all I did was add the values to ListItems and populated a drop down.
Also, a nifty thing was to find all the Date type parameters and lock the
text box and provide a calendar. This allowed me to use our application's
Localization methods to handle all the different Date formats.
"RS_CZAR" wrote:
> Eddie,
> If I understand your correctly I may have some ideas that will help you with
> query based Parameters, but first please clarify the reason you built a UI
> for users to pass parameters into the report?
> thx.
> "Eddie" wrote:
> > I have a parameter that is query based. I have created my own UI to list out
> > the text boxes per parameter required by the report. Now comes the problem of
> > a query based parameter. How to I get the queary based valid values to
> > populate my drop down list box

No comments:

Post a Comment