Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services subscriptions

I've created a report and I did subscribe to it using the subscriptions on this report. I get a mail with the data from that report.

So everything works fine but some times the reports results in an empty report because there is nothing. This is correct but then the mail is send anyway.

So I want to prevent that the mail of the subscription is send when the result of the report is empty (recordset of the report returns 0 rows).

Is this posibel and if so how do I do this.

Hi,

Based on my knowledge, I'm afraid you can't achieve that via some built-in options in reporting service.

The email delivering extension service is specially for each requesting to the report database, and send the produced reports to users and groups, the schedule always runs no matter what result it is.

Thanks.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment