Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reporting Services setup and permissions

I have Reporting Services set up on a SQL Server machine separate from the development machine. I have used Reporting Services configuration to set up ReportServices as the virtual directory. This did place a new web instance under the Default Web directory in IIS (I am using 5.1), however when I got into the c:\inetpub\wwwroot directory, there is not a ReportServices directory. I thought this is where I would set user permission for the ASPNET account.

I have set the permissions to the Reporting Services folder in the C:Program Files\...\ReportingServices directory, however I still am getting an error message about the IUSR account not having the proper permissions for deploying the report from the development machine.

What might I need to check here? I am not adversly opposed to having to uninstall and reinstall IIS if needed.

Also, when I connect to RS on the SQL machine and I right click on Roles, properties and roles are greyed out.

Thanks

I have been looking more into the settings for Report Configuration and also looking at the permissions set for the database in SQL Server. Now at least I do have it where if I want to deploy the report, it requests the Windows login name. I did this and it did deploy, however I do not want to do this all of the time.

Should I set the Authentication to SQL instead of Windows. I do know that SQL Server was set up for mixed.

|||I resolved the issue. Under the Reporting Services main folder, I had to give the proper permissions to ASPNET on the Home folder.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment