Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services Subscriptions

Hi All,
I'm testing RS with the Samples Reports, and especially the Product
Catalog report, which has no parameters, and is not a linked report.
I'm trying to make a subscription on this report, and I always get the
classical message shown bellow :
"Subscriptions cannot be created because the
credentials used to run the report are not stored,the report is using
user-defined para values,or if a linked report,the link is no longer
work."
So, as the report as no parameters, and is not a linked report, the
problem is with credentials.
I've changed the AdventureWorks datasource to make the credential
stored. The report is generated well.
But when I want to make a subscription? same message again.
I've tried with the "sa" account !!! Same message.
Am I wrong in my settings ?
Thanks for help.
DAThis report uses the user property which makes it unusable for
subscriptions.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Death Angel" <lionel.valero@.scam.fr> wrote in message
news:d114e6a.0407290555.3734e70e@.posting.google.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I'm testing RS with the Samples Reports, and especially the Product
> Catalog report, which has no parameters, and is not a linked report.
> I'm trying to make a subscription on this report, and I always get the
> classical message shown bellow :
> "Subscriptions cannot be created because the
> credentials used to run the report are not stored,the report is using
> user-defined para values,or if a linked report,the link is no longer
> work."
> So, as the report as no parameters, and is not a linked report, the
> problem is with credentials.
> I've changed the AdventureWorks datasource to make the credential
> stored. The report is generated well.
> But when I want to make a subscription. same message again.
> I've tried with the "sa" account !!! Same message.
> Am I wrong in my settings ?
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> DA|||I am running into the same problem with my own custom
report. What is this 'user property' that is being
referred to and what needs to change?
Thanks for any assistance!!!
>--Original Message--
>This report uses the user property which makes it
unusable for
>subscriptions.
>--
>-Daniel
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
>
>"Death Angel" <lionel.valero@.scam.fr> wrote in message
>news:d114e6a.0407290555.3734e70e@.posting.google.com...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm testing RS with the Samples Reports, and especially
the Product
>> Catalog report, which has no parameters, and is not a
linked report.
>> I'm trying to make a subscription on this report, and I
always get the
>> classical message shown bellow :
>> "Subscriptions cannot be created because the
>> credentials used to run the report are not stored,the
report is using
>> user-defined para values,or if a linked report,the link
is no longer
>> work."
>> So, as the report as no parameters, and is not a linked
report, the
>> problem is with credentials.
>> I've changed the AdventureWorks datasource to make the
credential
>> stored. The report is generated well.
>> But when I want to make a subscription. same message
again.
>> I've tried with the "sa" account !!! Same message.
>> Am I wrong in my settings ?
>>
>> Thanks for help.
>>
>> DA
>
>.
>|||The user property is a property made available by RS. It contains
information such as the current user name (user running the report), their
language, etc. It is used in expression.
This link should help you:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSPORTAL/HTM/rs_gts_portal_3vqd.asp
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"jb" <Jill.Barrett@.accesspointinc.com> wrote in message
news:044d01c47eec$716543a0$7d02280a@.phx.gbl...
> I am running into the same problem with my own custom
> report. What is this 'user property' that is being
> referred to and what needs to change?
> Thanks for any assistance!!!
> >--Original Message--
> >This report uses the user property which makes it
> unusable for
> >subscriptions.
> >
> >--
> >-Daniel
> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> >
> >
> >"Death Angel" <lionel.valero@.scam.fr> wrote in message
> >news:d114e6a.0407290555.3734e70e@.posting.google.com...
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >>
> >> I'm testing RS with the Samples Reports, and especially
> the Product
> >> Catalog report, which has no parameters, and is not a
> linked report.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to make a subscription on this report, and I
> always get the
> >> classical message shown bellow :
> >>
> >> "Subscriptions cannot be created because the
> >> credentials used to run the report are not stored,the
> report is using
> >> user-defined para values,or if a linked report,the link
> is no longer
> >> work."
> >>
> >> So, as the report as no parameters, and is not a linked
> report, the
> >> problem is with credentials.
> >>
> >> I've changed the AdventureWorks datasource to make the
> credential
> >> stored. The report is generated well.
> >>
> >> But when I want to make a subscription. same message
> again.
> >>
> >> I've tried with the "sa" account !!! Same message.
> >>
> >> Am I wrong in my settings ?
> >>
> >>
> >> Thanks for help.
> >>
> >>
> >> DA
> >
> >
> >.
> >|||Thanks for the reference I was able to figure out what's happening. Now, of
course, I have another question.
Is there any way to allow for subscriptions while using integrated security
on the data source?
jb
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" <danreib@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OLfyslvfEHA.3932@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> The user property is a property made available by RS. It contains
> information such as the current user name (user running the report), their
> language, etc. It is used in expression.
> This link should help you:
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSPORTAL/HTM/rs_gts_portal_3vqd.asp
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> "jb" <Jill.Barrett@.accesspointinc.com> wrote in message
> news:044d01c47eec$716543a0$7d02280a@.phx.gbl...
> > I am running into the same problem with my own custom
> > report. What is this 'user property' that is being
> > referred to and what needs to change?
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance!!!
> >
> > >--Original Message--
> > >This report uses the user property which makes it
> > unusable for
> > >subscriptions.
> > >
> > >--
> > >-Daniel
> > >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> > >
> > >
> > >"Death Angel" <lionel.valero@.scam.fr> wrote in message
> > >news:d114e6a.0407290555.3734e70e@.posting.google.com...
> > >> Hi All,
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> I'm testing RS with the Samples Reports, and especially
> > the Product
> > >> Catalog report, which has no parameters, and is not a
> > linked report.
> > >>
> > >> I'm trying to make a subscription on this report, and I
> > always get the
> > >> classical message shown bellow :
> > >>
> > >> "Subscriptions cannot be created because the
> > >> credentials used to run the report are not stored,the
> > report is using
> > >> user-defined para values,or if a linked report,the link
> > is no longer
> > >> work."
> > >>
> > >> So, as the report as no parameters, and is not a linked
> > report, the
> > >> problem is with credentials.
> > >>
> > >> I've changed the AdventureWorks datasource to make the
> > credential
> > >> stored. The report is generated well.
> > >>
> > >> But when I want to make a subscription. same message
> > again.
> > >>
> > >> I've tried with the "sa" account !!! Same message.
> > >>
> > >> Am I wrong in my settings ?
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> Thanks for help.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> DA
> > >
> > >
> > >.
> > >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment