Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services Templates

I have been successful in using a Template for my Reports, however if I
decide to change my template after a few reports have been created the old
reports do not 'automatically' pick up the changes to the Template. Is there
a way to 'Refer' to a template as opposed to 'Using' a template? Will this
be available in the next release?I don't know about the next release but with the current release there is no
way to do this.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"KDogg" <KDogg@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:983A3BD2-BF11-4FF4-A314-7091DC632F4A@.microsoft.com...
>I have been successful in using a Template for my Reports, however if I
> decide to change my template after a few reports have been created the old
> reports do not 'automatically' pick up the changes to the Template. Is
> there
> a way to 'Refer' to a template as opposed to 'Using' a template? Will
> this
> be available in the next release?|||Thanks Bruce,
Do you know of any way to obtain any information regarding Reporting
Services templates in SQL Server 2005 Beta? We have just started
implementing Reporting Services and if the benefits of SQL2005's
functionality outweigh our options in SQL2000 we can switch as we are just
working on a pilot project for proof of concept.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> I don't know about the next release but with the current release there is no
> way to do this.
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "KDogg" <KDogg@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:983A3BD2-BF11-4FF4-A314-7091DC632F4A@.microsoft.com...
> >I have been successful in using a Template for my Reports, however if I
> > decide to change my template after a few reports have been created the old
> > reports do not 'automatically' pick up the changes to the Template. Is
> > there
> > a way to 'Refer' to a template as opposed to 'Using' a template? Will
> > this
> > be available in the next release?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment