Friday, March 30, 2012

Reporting Services unstable.

I have been using reporting services for about 1 1/2 months, developing
reports in VS2003.
I have noticed that my changes don't get saved within the IDE (I have to go
out to notepad and edit the XML), as well as locking up when changing the
SQL statement in the report enviroment data window and changing the tab to
design or preview.
I have windows XP SP2 and SQL 2000 SP3a and Reporting Service SP1.
Unfortunately I don't know how long this has been happening.
Also when starting to apply changes to the report , VSS (Visual Source Safe)
doesn't prompt me to check out the report, it only does this when trying to
save it (which is doesn't do anyway).
Regards,
AdrianI too have been having very specific issues with changes to either the SQL
or the report layout format not being saved when integrated with VSS.
Neither the version in my working directory nor the version in VSS gets
updated.
Vivienne|||Sometimes it does not catch SQL changes. I always go to the layout mode
after I have made a change and then save it there. I have never seen a
problem with the report layout not being saved. Note that I do not use VSS
but the issue with changing the SQL is a problem regardless of whether VSS
is involved.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Vivienne" <Vivienne@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B57466D2-FFA7-4159-BE0F-4DCF07587C87@.microsoft.com...
> I too have been having very specific issues with changes to either the SQL
> or the report layout format not being saved when integrated with VSS.
> Neither the version in my working directory nor the version in VSS gets
> updated.
> Vivienne

No comments:

Post a Comment